The world at your fingertips.
With the world becoming more and more mobile, so are our business processes, our customers and our competitors. Not only is it common to have iPhone applications for your organization in the ‘app store’, but it is becoming more and more critical that the your digital presence is intelligent enough to recognize and respond to the situations when it is being accessed by a mobile phone.
• Do you have a web presence? Have you seen how your website looks on a mobile phone/smart phone?
• Do you think that your customers are accessing your website with their mobiles when they are on the go?
• Are they looking for something specific, such as your store location, your contact details or a specific product or service?
• Are your users likely to find this information or are they getting irritated with how your website renders on their mobiles?
Some facts that will help you make your mind
• 65% of the UK population owns a smart phone
• There are more smart phone users than people in the UK
• 93% of smart phone users access the internet via their smart phone
• 48% of all internet usage is from a mobile phone
• eBay sells something via a mobile phone every two seconds
• Mothers day 2012 – 50% of all online sales came from mobile devices
• 48% of people in the UK have purchased something using their phone
• eBay forecasts $8 billion in mobile sales this year (one sale per second)
• 60% of mobile searchers are looking for local information/products/services
• 63% of people in the UK are ‘dual screening’ (using phone whilst watching TV for example)
• Total of $241 billion in mobile transactions in 2011
• 49% of search queries in the travel industry are from mobiles (was 11% in 2011)
• 56% of search queries in retail are from mobiles (was 10% in 2011)
• 59% of search queries in the entertainment industry are from mobiles (was 10% in 2011)
Solution … Small is the next big thing….
At Standard Marketing, before we design anything, we spend time watching people use technology in their homes, at work, in a laboratory and on the go. Our insights are based on research, experience and observations.It is these observations that distinguish effective mobile sites from ordinary mobile sites. For example, Amazon understands that users on their website want to buy. However, on mobile sites, equal emphasis is placed on the wish list functionality as they predicted that many users would want to shortlist products and buy later (when they are on a computer for example). Similarly, while the Best Buy website is fully functional, the mobile site predicted the most likely requirements of their target audience and only allows users to look up a product or to locate a nearby store.
A mobile optimized website sits alongside your existing website and opens up automatically whenever a mobile phone browser is accessing your main website. The mobile site is designed with the small screen in mind, allowing the user to access important areas of your site efficiently. It takes advantage unique features of the phone by allowing users to call you directly from the website through a simple tap on the screen. The GPS capability on phone allows your mobile site’s users to be directed to your business from their current location.
This is not our studies but a nation wide surveys have spell out the results . The smartphone has now almost become a must-have in the UK, with almost 60% of British mobile phone owners saying they have one, second only to Germany, a jump from 46% in last year’s report.
The Guardian in its recent studies has acknowledge the fact that Uk leads the world in Mobile use!
So If your business does not have a mobile site you are risking losing 35% of your on-line customers. This figure is growing fast with more and more people accessing the internet via their mobile phones.
To find out more about Standard Marketing Mobile websites development expertise and what it could do for you, Contact Us.